Nightguards for Bruxism in Dayton
Teeth grinding—also known as bruxism—is a condition that can lead to a crooked bite or loose and missing teeth. If this is the case, Drs. Quinttus, Budde, and Sullivan recommend the use of a nightguard to prevent this damage. Our dentists at Rahn Dental Group invite you to schedule a consultation with us today if you have any questions about nightguards in Dayton, Ohio.
Nightguards are a type of mouthguard designed specifically to treat bruxism. Bruxism, or the clenching and grinding of teeth, usually occurs while you are asleep, making it difficult to control. Nightguards can protect your teeth from damage and excessive wear.
Symptoms of bruxism include:
• Teeth that are chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn down
• Worn down or nonexistent tooth enamel (the inner layers of the tooth are exposed)
• Chronic pain in the jaw, face, and ear
• A tired, aching, or tense jaw
• Frequent migraines and tension headaches
• Increased tooth sensitivity
• Indentations on the sides of the tongue
If you notice any of these signs, you may benefit from wearing a nightguard while you sleep. When you visit our office for your consultation, our dentists will be able to determine whether or not you need a nightguard and will customize your appliance to provide comfortable and effective protection for your teeth.
We invite you to call us at (937) 435-0324 today for more information on nightguards and to schedule your consultation at our office.