Dental Bonding – Dayton, OH
A Gorgeous Smile Is Easier Than You Thought
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your smile, Drs. Quinttus, Budde, and Sullivan are thrilled to help you with direct bonding in Dayton! Bonding is a quick, affordable procedure that our dentists can use to repair a number of flaws in your teeth. Please feel free to contact our team at Rahn Dental Group if you have any questions about bonding or simply want to schedule an appointment. We’d love to show you how easy it can be to have a beautiful smile!
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure in which we use tooth-colored filling material (the same material used to fill cavities) to mask various imperfections. It requires very little preparation and is also very conservative, meaning that little to no existing tooth structure needs to be removed. In addition, it can be done in just one visit, making it one of the fastest and most convenient cosmetic treatments available.
Are You a Good Candidate For Direct Bonding?
With decades of experience as a cosmetic dentist Dayton, we’ve found that direct bonding works beautifully for all of the following:
- Oddly shaped or uneven teeth
- Severe stains (such as those from enamel defects or the use of tetracycline in childhood)
- Chips and cracks
- Small gaps and minor crowding
However, it’s important to note that we may recommend an alternative treatment if your issues can’t be addressed with bonding. Our goal is to make sure you love your results and that you don’t invest in a procedure that doesn’t work great the first time.
How Does the Procedure Work?
At your appointment, we’ll start by placing tooth-colored composite resin directly onto your tooth. This resin is carefully selected to match the existing color of your teeth, so some people choose to whiten beforehand to make the overall result look even better.
Then we’ll shape and sculpt the resin to correct any flaws while also making sure it looks natural. After the shaping process, the resin will be hardened, trimmed, and polished to provide a beautiful cosmetic restoration for your smile.
The Benefits of Dental Bonding
- It’s affordable – Dental bonding is relatively low-cost. While it only lasts 5-10 years, it can be an affordable alternative to porcelain veneers (for good candidates).
- It’s fast – We typically complete dental bonding in just 30-60 minutes per tooth.
- There’s no downtime – After your appointment, you won’t have to take the day off work or school and can get back to your normal activities right away.
- Numbing isn’t always necessary – Oftentimes, we’re simply adding material to your tooth (as opposed to removing tooth structure first), so local anesthetic isn’t needed. This is especially helpful for patients who are anxious or simply don’t like needles.
If you’d like to know more about how dental bonding might work for you, call us today to schedule a consultation!