Protecting your teeth against cavities starts with what you put in your mouth. Here are some suggestions:
– Try using supplementary oral cleaning tools like mouthwash and sugarless gum to clean your mouth for when brushing and flossing is not available.
– Sticky and starchy foods are inclined to hang around your mouth long after consuming them. This can increase your chances for dental erosion, tooth decay, and gum disease.
– Use toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste and other dental tools that are either approved by your dentist or that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which ensures the product’s safety and effectiveness passes the highest standards in the industry.
– Eat a healthy diet. That way your smile will get the key minerals it needs to keep your teeth and gums strong and healthy.
– Always attend professional cleanings with your dentist every six months and schedule checkups as needed.
– Always remember to brush your teeth at least twice daily and flossing your teeth every night.
– Avoid harmful sugars that can add to plaque buildup and harmful acids in your mouth which are known to cause dental erosion.
Dr. Richard C. Quinttus at Rahn Dental Group wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what state it is in. If you are considering getting an examination for cavities, please contact our dentist office in Dayton, Ohio, by calling us at (937) 435-0324. Your smile is our business!